Direct-to-garment printing is printing on textiles using specialized aqueous inkjet technology. DTG printers usually have a platen that holds the garment still, and the print head jets or sprays the ink onto the fabric.
How can I use a DTG printer to make things?
The 5 Best Items for DTG Printing
- Using a method called “direct to garment” to print on T-shirts. Direct-to-garment printing is probably most commonly done on T-shirts…
- Using a method called “direct-to-garment,” you can print on hoodies and sweatshirts.
- Using direct-to-garment technology to print on socks…
- Using direct-to-garment technology to print on canvas…
- Using a “direct to garment” method to print on blankets and pillows.
Does DTG print last?
Yes, direct-to-garment printing, also known as DTG printing, is a great way to put long-lasting and durable designs on clothes and accessories. This means you can expect high quality from a shirt printed with DTG technology even after you have washed and worn it many times.
What does “DTG printer” stand for as an abbreviation?
Direct-to-Garment, often shortened to “DTG,” is a way to print on textiles. Direct-to-garment (DTG) printing is different from other ways of printing textiles, like heat transfer or dye sublimation, because it uses a DTG printer and special ink to print directly on the garment.
What are some reasons to use DTG printing?
There are seven reasons why direct-to-garment printing is a good idea.
- Not much time to get ready.
- A simple way to print.
- Designs that are colorful and stand out.
- Quality that can’t be beaten.
- Able to take on a variety of styles.
- Turnaround times that are faster than the average.
- It has little effect on the ecosystem around it.
Does DTG differ from heat transfer in any way?
In direct-to-garment printing, all of the colors are printed at the same time on the garment. But when you use a heat press to print on vinyl, you must line up the different colors and parts of patterns by hand. As the number of colors in a design increases, the task becomes much more complicated, and mistakes are much more likely to happen.
Is the quality of DTG printing good enough?
DTG printers are enormous machines that can handle different patterns in different colors. Direct-to-Garment (DTG) printing is accurate and makes high-quality results, but the ink doesn’t go as deep into the fabric as it does with screen printing and other methods.
Does DTG stay after being washed?
Some manufacturers say that their DTG ink is as washable as or even better than screen-printing ink, even though DTG ink is known to fade after just a few washes. Digital printing was created to meet this need. Thanks to recent technological advances, it is now easier than ever to put digital printing to use.
How many times can DTG be washed before it dies?
Prints made with DTG can be washed more than 50 times and still look good. Most customers would say this is better than “good enough.” In terms of quality, the bottom line is that direct-to-garment (DTG) prints are often made for clients who have different needs than people who buy a lot of screen-printed items.