In the telecommunication sector, the most fundamental component for an effective marketing strategy is through the use of social networks. Telecom businesses focus on three main aspects
- Customer retention
- The reputation of the company
- Identification of their brand
The telecommunication sector is comparatively a competitive one. The digital world is continuously innovating which requires constant hard work by the telecom businesses to improvise the technologies provided to their users. In contrast, the expectations and demands of users regarding quality are also rising continuously making it challenging for the industries to fulfill. Various telecom businesses have faced a crisis due to not coping up with ever-growing technological advancements.
Various studies suggest that telecom businesses have made social media the key necessity of their marketing strategy. So, the use of social platforms could be a genuine solution to the IT and digital concerns. The reason for this is the capacity of social media to engage both retaining and acquiring new potential users.
- Building new users or retaining the old ones?
What business wouldn’t love to increase their number of customers? According to researches, maintaining an existing customer base is less expensive whereas acquiring new customers could be 5 times more expensive than that. But, if a telecom business succeeds in increasing their customer retention rate by 5% then their profit would eventually rise to 25% and let them win the competition. This scenario could be perceived by creating engaging and relevant content on social platforms creating a special connection with consumers.
Social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram are often used for posing lifestyle questions that help in strengthening the one-to-one relationship between brand and consumer ultimately increasing attachment with the brand. Telecom businesses should develop platforms for consumers to attain new ideas and reviews on products from them. Engaging customers can help in obtaining such data and information which is otherwise difficult to attain. This information could be used to improvise product quality.
- Role of Telecom Customer Service in Building Customers Relationship
We all know an effective customer support team plays a vital role in creating greater customer loyalty, positive brand reputation, and word of mouth. Consumer satisfaction is the most important success element in each business industry.
You must be now convinced that the key factor in boosting up your business is to engage your consumers in every possible way. Involving customers definitely requires a team consisting of several professionals called the customer service department. While talking about telecom business, customer service and care play the most vital role in building a relationship with the customers. The more effective and efficient the customer care is, there would be a better opportunity for the telecom company to increase the loyal customer base omitting the chances of consumers switching towards their competitors. According to researches, low-quality customer service could result in affecting all kinds of economic activities which every business would face sooner or later. The benefits the customer service department provides are
- Reduce the cost of call centers for companies
- The level of customer experience is improvised
- Users could keep track of the information provided by the ISPs
- Through the usage of chat functionality, economic saving is guaranteed.
- Using chat functionality significantly also reduces the company’s reaction time.
- By using social platforms, the customer care department collects useful information about consumers’ behavior and problematic issues.
Three mainly focused strategies adopted by customer care to meet their needs are
- Satisfy your consumer as soon as their query arises – The staff of customer care should be very well trained, should conduct regular surveys in order to be aware of their consumer’s needs and expectations, should provide products and facilities for every age group, and should respond as quickly as possible so that they might not feel devalued.
- Providing attractive features and deals – Customer care should present attractive deals that can easily catch consumers’ attention. For instance, movie and live podcasts lovers would seek for best TV deals so the Spectrum TV Customer Service department should plan and present deals like HD channels, live podcasts, shows dubbed in different languages, options to record, and so on to attract customers band bind them to your telecom channel.
- Solving the query before your consumer finds it out – This is the most proactive approach for winning customer satisfaction and unwavering trust.
This is why telecom companies around the globe are working seamlessly on their customer services department in order to build strong and loyal bonds with their consumers.